If you like mediaeval villages and mysterious forests, if you have ever believed that witches existed, this is definitely your tour.
Three stages so you can see for yourself the mountains, forests and most legendary villages of our catalogue. You’ll discover rural Catalonia, with its pastureland and country houses. You’ll cross the Natural Park of La Garrotxa Volcanic Area, where you’ll feel the energy of this fertile land. You’ll reach the Pyrenees by riding through the lovely valley of Camprodon until you come to the natural border with France, Coll d’Ares. All of this, pedalling along peaceful roads and conquering the area’s most legendary mountain passes.
A tour that will be the joy of nearly all your senses: sight, smell, hearing and taste.
Arrival and transfer.
DAY 2 | STAGE 1 89km | +1,699m
We’ll set out from Girona, leaving behind the basilica and cathedral of this privileged city of Roman, Arab and Jewish buildings.
Banyoles is waiting for us, the sun-filled village that lives around the largest natural lake of the Iberian Peninsula. We’ll leave the ducks and rowing boats and canoes to start the renowned ascent to Rocacorba. From the top you’ll be able to soak up the wonderful panoramic view of the Pyrenees and the sea and, lower down, the sanctuary, which bids us farewell and takes us back to Banyoles to divert towards Santa Pau.
This small mediaeval village stands in the centre of the Natural Park of La Garrotxa Volcanic Area. The route leading to the small town of Olot runs through a landscape of leafy forests. In spring, its lush vegetation brings to mind mystery and fairy tales and autumn, its famous beech trees transform into a perfect postcard.
On the last stretch, from Olot to Les Preses, it’s worth looking up to see the towering mountains embracing the valley. Our magnificent hotel lies at the foot of the Puigsacalam, where we can rest while listening to the silence and breathing in the smell of the forest.
DAY 3 | STAGE 2 67km | +1,603m
We’ll start out from Les Preses to Castellfollit de la Roca, a village perched on a 50-metre cliff next to the River Fluvià that will take us to the Coll de Camporiol. We then have a short flat stretch that leads to Montagut i Oix, in the heart of Alta Garrotxa.
This protected landscape is the home of wild boars, deer and roe deer that will hide away from us, while in the sky impressive birds such as golden eagles, vultures and bearded vultures will effortlessly fly above us while we work our way up the second mountain pass, Coll del Buc.
We come to Beget, a place where time stopped many years ago to preserve the beauty of the streets and stone houses that stand on the banks of the stream of clear water that flows through the village.
We’ll carry on climbing until we arrive at Coll de la Boixeda to then continue to Llanars, in the middle of the valley of Camprodon, where our fantastic hotel will be waiting for us.
DAY 4 | STAGE 3 81km | +1,709m
We head towards Setcases that marks the start of the well-known ascent to Vallter 2000. The asphalt of each one of the hairpin turns of the mountain pass has been painted red as a tribute to the most important world cycling races, except the bend dedicated to the Giro d’Italia, painted pink and the Tour de France, painted yellow.
We reach the summit at a height of 2,155 metres above sea level. The Pyrenees embrace us in all their splendour. Now the waters of the river flow under our feet, as we are right above the source of the Ter.
On the way down we leave the road to Camprodon, where we cross the River Ter with a view of the emblematic stone bridge that is joined to the historical town centre by a watchtower. The slope accompanies us to mediaeval territory, Sant Joan de les Abadesses. We tackle the Coll de Santigosa and the final descent that takes us to Olot.
Transfer and Departure.
- Ride to Beget medieval town and the cliffs of Castellfollit de la Roca
- Ride across Camprodon valley, in the heart of the catalan Pyrenees
- Explore Setcases, picturesque village at the foot of Vallter 2000 Ski Station
- Enjoy a private cycling experience including guiding services by local cyclists and luxury accomodation
- Climb the mythic ascents of Rocacorba & Vallter 2000, training ground of the pro's living in Girona
- Ride around the Volcanic Natural Park in La Garrotxa and be amazed by its landscapes
- Discover Girona's old quarter and feel the atmosphere of the cycling capital of Europe
- Enjoy a cup of coffee in front of the spectacular Banyoles lake
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double occupancy room with half-board.
- Transfer of travellers as soon as they arrive to our country to their destination.
- Execution of the tour by certified and multilingual bike tour guides specialised in tourism.
- Supply of solid and liquid provisions during the tour.
- Visits to tourist attractions and tourist advice during the rides.
- Daily transport of luggage.
- Mechanical service (doesn’t include replacement components of privately-owned bicyles).
- Health insurance.
- Tourist tax.
- Routes accessed via mobile app.
- Trip PhotoBook.
- Support vehicle and roadside assistance and lunches while on tour (Groups of 6 or more).
- OPTIONAL: High-end rental bikes.
- OPTIONAL: Single room.
- OPTIONAL: Additional nights.
- OPTIONAL: Activities and additional visits.